February 8th marks Chinese New Year and as always, we’re celebrating.
These are the two dates you need to mark in your diary:
Saturday February 6th at 7pm — celebratory dinner featuring 5 courses with matched drinks, $80pp all-inclusive.
Sunday February 7th at 6.30pm — a la carte menu, Chinese New Year specials and a free lion dance show.
Twenty sixteen is the Year of the Monkey and if you’re curious to know more about what those born within this Chinese zodiac, head to Oriental Teahouse’s blog and read up on personality traits, lucky numbers and more.
For now, we want to give you a sneak peek of our special Chinese New Year menu. Here’s what you can expect:
- Soy smoked fish with shredded veg (matched with Scott Fiano, Adelaide Hills SA, 2013)
- Monks 10 veg (mached with Pizzini Verduzzo, King Valley VIC, 2013)
- Braised sticky Shanghai sweet sour pork ribs (matched with Pacha Mama Shiraz, Heathcote VIC, 2012)
- Tender beef in a roasted spring onion sauce (matched with Howard Park Cabernet Sauvignon, Margret River WA, 2011)
- A sweet twist on a bean (matched with sake)
We don’t want to give too much away, but the dessert is truly unlike anything else available in Melbourne!
To book, call David’s on (03) 9529 5199